Sunday 22 December 2013

Angelique Kidjo starts 2014 with a double

Benin Republic-born singer Angelique Kidjo has two major for fans in January: a autobiography Spirit Rising: My Life, My Music written with Rachel Wernick, is due out Jan. 7 on Harper Collins. The preface by Desmond Tutu and a foreword by Alicia Keys.


The Grammy Award winner’s new album titled Eve, and on Savoy/429 Records is scheduled for release in the last week of January.

Angelique Kidjo
She says of African women and her new work: “I’ve spoken for many years about the beauty of African women, and I don’t need to talk anymore about it because on this recording I am letting the voices of the women show their beauty to the world,” Kidjo said. “Eve is all about showcasing the positively they bring to their villages, cities, cultures and the world.”


No comments:

Post a Comment