Tuesday 10 December 2013

Munro picks her Nobel Prize in Literature today, reflects on 'rural confidence'


When the 2013 Nobel Prize for Literature winner, Alice Munro’s daughter Jenny receives the award on behalf of her mother today from King Carl XVI Gustaf of Sweden, a story of confidence from rural Ontario, Canada will vibrate across the world. 

Alice Munro

Munro had in an interview with the Swedish Academy disclosed that growing up in rural Ontario grew her confidence during early days of evolving the writing skills.

 “I don’t think I would have been nearly so brave as a writer if I had lived in a town and if I had gone to school with other people who were interested in the same things I was, and what we might call a higher cultural level,”  82-year-old Munro who won the 110th Nobel laureate last October stated.

No comments:

Post a Comment